Tuesday, June 2

Wednesday, June 3rd is National Running Day!

Grab your blue sponge and your running shoes and get ready to run. Tomorrow is National Running Day! I will be running. How about you? The photo is of me running last year at the Air Force Marathon in Ohio. You might also recognize it from my banner. I'm hoping to be able to run the Baltimore Marathon this fall.

I usually run in the gym on the treadmill, but it seemed like such a nice day, I ran outside. I work near the Pentagon, so I ran to Pentagon City and took the George Washington Parkway Trail that borders Reagan National Airport. It is pretty cool running with giant planes coming in for a landing over your head. I headed up the Potomac River to the 14th Street Bridge and back. It was hotter and more humid than I realized and I overdid it a bit. I had to walk back the last half mile to cool down. I think I did about 5 miles all together.


1 comment:

wcs said...

I can't bring myself to use that "other" name for National Airport. I refuse to denigrate a perfectly good airport with that "other" name.

On the other hand, I never say Idlewild. ;)