Tuesday, June 2

Top 8 Things in this Morning's Express

The Express is a free newspaper I get at the subway stop, which is distributed by the Washington Post. I read it on my commute in to work. Here's what I found interesting in today's news:

* Jennifer Hudson is going to have a baby. She needed some good news after the hell she's been through. I hope it was good news for her. Congrats to her!

* Billy Bob Thornton's daughter is facing criminal charges in Florida after a year-old little girl that she was baby-sitting died. She is charged with child neglect causing harm or disability. I guess the sling blade doesn't fall far from the tree.

* In the TV listings, it said the two final episodes of According to Jim are on tonight. That show is still on? Who watches that?

* Bravo is searching for the Real Housewives of D.C. Where do I audition?

* Roger Federer rallied to win a 5-set match at the French Open. I haven't seen any of the Open this year. He beat Tommy Hass, who I never heard of. It said Andy Roddick lost also and he was cranky about it getting dark, but they wouldn't suspend the match. Damn that night blindness!

* A teenager was recaptured after escaping from a $46 million Maryland juvenile detention center the day after it opened. I guess they should have waited til they installed the locks.

* After reading the following headline, "Strict Rules Take Effect at Borders," I was worried it was going to be a big hassle to buy books now, but they didn't mean the bookstore, they were talking about our national borders. My bad.

* Last, but not least, Dick Cheney Monday said he thinks that people should be free to enter into any kind of union they wish. I recall he said something similar during the vice-presidential debate in 2000. Unfortunately, he did nothing to encourage this kind of activity during the 8 years he was in office. He did manage to start two wars and shoot a man in the face.

No comments: