Tuesday, June 23

Government Cut-Back or Just Plain Cheap?


I work for an agency of the Federal Government, which shall remain nameless. I hate to sound whiney, but whine I must. Above are two strips of paper towels that automatically dispense from the touchless paper towel dispenser. The towel on the left is from the men's room and the one on the right is from the kitchenette area of my office. I find that it takes at least two of the towels on the right to adequately dry my hands. That means I need about four of the towels from the men's room dispenser to get the job done.

I assume the powers that be think they are saving money by making the towels in the men's room smaller. However, I find I am standing at the dispenser much longer waving my hands at the sensor to get enough towels to dry my hands. The dispenser seems to have a timer that prevents you from getting the towels too quickly, so how much Government time is wasted with me standing there like a fool waving at the machine so I can dry my hands? Believe me, they are saving no money.

No comments: