Saturday, October 22

Running With Blue Sponge War Wound


I did my long run today.  I was supposed to do 12 miles, but ended up doing 14. About 4 miles into the run, as I was running past the Kennedy Center along the river, I tripped on some uneven pavement and fell. Some young ladies running in the opposite direction saw me fall and stopped to make sure I was ok. Except for a skinned knee, I was fine. I got up and walked a bit while my knee ached a bit, but then I started running again. I got a few looks as I ran with a bloody knee, but I didn't have anything to clean it up. All in all, it was a beautiful day and I felt pretty good during my run.

2 comments:

wcs said...

Ugh! That looks worse than it sounds. You should have had your blue sponge with you to clean it up!

Bob said...

Yikes!
My knee hurts just looking at that!