Sunday, August 7

Seeing Silence! The Musical-NYC Wrap-Up

On our last evening in New York City, we went down to the East Village
and ate at The Smith restaurant and saw the late show of Silence! The
Musical.

The Smith is a very crowded and very noisy trendy restaurant filled
with young urban professionals. I am sure I was the oldest person in
the place. It also has very good food. We started with local
tomatoes with pesto salad. I had grilled shrimp and Shane had a NY
Strip steak. Of course we also split a bottle of wine. Everything
was delicious. I would highly recommend the place.

After dinner, we went to the 10:30 show is Silence!, which is a
musical parody of the film, Silence of the Lambs. It was hilarious.
It was a fraction of the price of seeing the Book of Mormon and we
laughed much more at this. The songs weren't great, but the show was
funny. And we somehow ended up with front row seats. We had a great
evening.

1 comment:

SteveA said...

This is one I must see when I'm in NY!