Tuesday, May 26

My Email to President Obama

I have a comment and a response is requested. During the Presidential campaign, you stated you would work for equal legal rights for same-sex partners that married couples currently enjoy. You said you would stop Don't Ask, Don't Tell. I see no evidence of any action on either of these issues. There was no comment on California's court decision taking away the civil right of a minority of the population by a vote in a popular election. GLBT constituents are feeling let down and left out of this administration. I realize there are other issues facing the country that are a higher priority, but this administration has shown it can multi-task. We need some acknowledgment that these issues are important also. While we wait for some action, hundreds of qualified soldiers continue to be removed from our armed services simply because of their sexual orientation. The President has the power to stop these removals with a stroke of the pen. We want some leadership on these important issues.

When I pressed send, the page said it was unavailable at this time. Try again later. I will.

2 comments:

Bob said...

I think every member of the LGBT community, and those who support equality, should do the same.
i am very unhappy with him right now.
Very. Unhappy.

Wonder Man said...

I would to hear if he responds. I still have hope, he will reach out to us soon