Wednesday, April 22

Should the Bush Administration Be Prosecuted for Torture Policy?

With the declassification of Central Intelligence Agency memos on the torture policies of the previous administration, there is more and more call for the prosecution of those responsible for the placement of that policy. Should we not look back and forget that the U.S. Government implemented a policy that broke international law? Hell no!

President Obama should signal to the world that what was done under the Bush criminal administration was wrong and that is not what this country is about. The damage that was done to this country's reputation by the photos from Abu Ghraib prison was tremendous. And that, apparently, was just the tip of the iceberg. Knowing what was done in the name of keeping me safe made me ashamed to being an American. The people that said it was OK should know they were wrong. They should, at a minimum, be made to stand before a judge and explain themselves. I love my country and I don't want anyone thinking what these criminals did was acceptable.

This will show the world that the United States owns up to its mistakes. It will also show the world plainly, this is no longer how we operate. Thankfully, the thugs are out. We can only move on knowing the full truth and that there are consequences to breaking the law.

1 comment:

Bob said...

I agree 100%.
And on that same subject, I hope they find a way to try Cheney for his contributions. That is one man I would like to see pay for what he's done to this country via his puppet George Bush.