Wednesday, March 25

Letter to VT Gov. Douglas: RE: Vetoing Gay Marriage

VT Gov. Jim Douglas will veto
the Vermont Gay marriage bill
because he is a dick.

I wrote an e-mail to Vermont Gov. Jim (Oliver Wendel) Douglas today after his announcement that he would veto the marriage bill that recently passed in the State Senate and is currently in the State House. In the subject line, I wrote: Friend of James Neiley. He is the 17-year-old who testified during a VT Senate hearing that I posted about earlier. Click here to e-mail Gov. Douglas also!

Govenor Douglas,

I was saddened to hear your announcement of plans to veto the gay marriage bill in Vermont. Since Vermont was the first state to allow civil unions for same-sex couples, it is unfortunate that it still has not taken the next step, like Mass and CT. You say you want the State government to concentrate on economic issues, but by vetoing this measure, you are just causing them to do additional work to override your veto. That doesn't make any sense, does it? Of course, you can't be in the Republican Party and do something as enlightened as permitting gay marriage. Don't be a bigot. Do the right thing. There is no reason that makes any sense to veto that bill. I urge you to reconsider your decision.

3 comments:

Bob said...

I was just reading about this asshat, and starting to find an email or address or something.
Thanks for doing it for me.
I'm emailing him tonight.

ryan field said...

I sent something today. I got an e-mail from a friend that was passing something all around the country.

Anonymous said...

Good for you!