Wednesday, March 25

Eloquent Argument for Gay Marriage by a High School Jr.

If you noticed someone getting a bit teary-eyed today at L' Enfant Plaza Metro Station, it was probably me. I was listening to my friend, Archer's, podcast (www.archerradio.com) on the way to work and he played the audio to this clip. It is of 17-year-old James Neiley from Charlotte, VT, testifying at a State Senate hearing on gay marriage for Vermont. I can't imagine being brave enough to do this at his age. What a great kid. I haven't heard a better arguement. I realize it is a long clip, but the testimony part is only the first half, which everyone should watch. The Vermont State Senate passed the gay marriage bill 26-4, sending it to the State House this week.

2 comments:

Bob said...

I posted this as well, Mark.
Makes me feel very good, and proud, of what's to come.

Anonymous said...

I almost had tears in my eyes listening to this kid speak. It says so much.