Tuesday, April 17

The Space Shuttle Discovery Flies by My Office


I was telling some of my co-workers that the Space Shuttle Discovery was supposed to fly around DC today around 10 a.m. We went over to the kitchenette, because it has a view of the Pentagon and the Potomac River. We had heard that it would be flying up the Potomac. We were just standing there for a minute with them thinking this was a big waste of time. I decided to take out my phone and get my camera ready in case we saw something. As I reached for the phone, one of my co-workers exclaimed, "Oh my God! There it is!"

It was flying over the Pentagon, which is very close to our building. It was amazing, but went past in just a few seconds. We all ran to the other side of the building so we could see it flying away. It was amazing. It made several laps around DC, but it never got as close as the first time we saw it, and I never got a good photo. These photos are from the Washington Post. 

No comments: