Sunday, June 12

Top 10 List--Favorite iPhone Apps

Words Free
You probably don't recall this, but I already did a List of my top 10 favorite iPhone apps in February 2010, but things change and so have my favorites.  Like before, this only include apps I've download, mostly for free--not apps that came with the phone.

Amazingly, I recently learned my iPhone also works as a telephone.  Here are my current favorite apps:

10.  Qrank -- The daily trivia game.  Invite me to be a friend by searching for bluespongerun.

9.  Angry Birds ($0.99) -- I love killing those pigs!

8.  Pandora -- Lets you hear music similar to songs and music artist you already like.

7. Words Free -- Very similar to Scrabble... I mean VERY.  Invite me to play a game (Mkr20003).

6.  Comcast Guide -- Allows you to remotely record stuff on the DVR.  I love technology!

5.  Gas Buddy -- Helps find the less expensive gas in your area.

4.  Netflix -- I can watch stuff from my Instant Queue on my iPhone.  Awesome!

3.  Twitter -- Follow me at BlueSpongeRun.  I have the occasional interesting twit.

2.  Sportcycle -- DC has a bike sharing program and this app lets you know where the stations are, how many bikes are available, or whether there is a free slot to park a bike I have checked out.

and my #1 Favorite iPhone App is:

Textfree -- Why would anyone pay to text when this little app, which is ad-based, lets you do it for free? The only down-side is that you have to use a new phone number that they provide (for free!).

3 comments:

SteveA said...

I have only text free!

iPhone Apps Development said...

Thank you for sharing this information, Top 10 List of iPhone Apps very nice. LeoTechnosoft is also iPhone Apps development Company.

Unknown said...

Nice list! I do enjoy some of the ones you've listed and have a most favorite of all called DISH Remote Access from my TV provider/employer DISH Network. It's like the Comcast guide app you named but since I have a Sling Adapter hooked up at home it also lets me watch all of my subscribed programming live or recorded on my iPhone anywhere I go in the world just as long as I have a working 3G or WiFi connection. My Adapter was $99, but those who order now for a limited time can get a $99 prepaid gift card back after rebate. It's pretty sweet, check it out http://bit.ly/jizbUh. :)