Thursday, May 26

Back In Florida for Another Amazing Sunset


I know people that follow my blog regularly are probably sick of me posting shots of the sunset viewed out of the back of our house.  I don't care.  I'm always amazed at how beautiful our view is.  As usual, this photo does not do it justice.  The object in the lower left hand corner, sitting on a coffee table, is a sculpture (silhouetted) of mangroves.  There are actual mangroves on the opposite side of the canal behind our house.  I've included a better photo of the sculpture below.  It is about 10 inches high.  I think the lower part is brass [UPDATE--It's copper], and I'm not sure what the upper part is made from.  Shane got it at an art show in Naples, FL.


Speaking of Shane, he is flying directly to Florida from Tacoma, Washington.  Have I mentioned he was in Tacoma lately?  I have to pick him up from the airport tonight at 10:30 and we are down here through the rest of the holiday weekend.  We came to Florida, because it wasn't hot and humid enough in Washington, DC.

7 comments:

wcs said...

Did that big dredging thing finally move out of the canal? Love the sculpture!

Raybeard said...

There's always something especially magical about sunsets. I, for one, never tire of seeing them.

Sara said...

Wow! That's gorgeous! #jealous

BlogMarkBlog said...

The dredging mess is gone. Thank Jebus!

Anonymous said...

It looks like copper in the photo.

Anonymous said...

that reminds me of a romantic sunset cruise i took last october !lol

BlogMarkBlog said...

Sean is correct.... It is copper and I think the top part is just painted copper.