Saturday, December 18

Free Concert by the Gin Blossoms

We happened upon a free concert by the Gin Blossoms, who were taping a segment for Fox News's New Year's Eve Show. We were right near the front and should be on camera, so look for us on December 31st on Fox News (I never ever thought I would write that sentence!). I wanted to give Shane a big kiss while on cam on Fox News, but he wouldn't go for it. The trio of bimbos...I mean reporters (2 blonds and a brunette--i didn't think they hired non-blond spokes models)introducing the band looked like vacant-eyed Miss America contestants. The Gin Blossoms sang Hey Jealousy and a couple other songs... Very cool. I'm not sure why the band would agree to appear on The evil Fox News, but they did talk about their recent trip to Iraq and how happy they were that things were winding down over there. That probably will get cut though, since it is outside the Fox News talking points.

No comments: