Thursday, December 30

New Year's Resolutions Recap for 2010

There were seven goals for self-improvement I posted on December 31, 2009 to achieve in 2010.  This is a recap of how I did.

1. Decide whether to say "Two Thousand Ten" or Twenty Ten." I'm sort of leaning toward Twenty Ten.  -- I achieved this one.  I say Two Thousand Ten.

2. Read 30 Books.  - FAIL -- I don't know how many books I read this year, but it was far short of 30.  

3. Run to Florida -- Not an actual run to FL, but running the distance to Punta Gorda, FL, from DC (about 1,000 miles).  - FAIL -- Actually, I did run about 750 miles during the year, which puts me well into Florida, but still about 250 miles away from Punta Gorda.  I got a cold during Thanksgiving and haven't been running regularly since.

4. Weigh less than 165 lbs.  - FAIL -- I was in the low 170s prior to Thanksgiving, but I've fallen off the exercise wagon and been eating badly. I was 184 last I checked.  

5. Run two marathons.  - FAIL -- I did run two 10-Milers this year, but no marathons.

6. Get more than 100 Followers on my blog. - FAIL -- Still at less than 100 followers.  I started the year with 10 followers and have 91 at last check.

7. Save money. - FAIL -- I've have saved some, but not nearly enough.


If you are keeping track, the only one I actually achieved during the year is #1, which was hard to not achieve.  Oh well, there is always next year.



4 comments:

Kyle Leach said...

Mark your goals are attainable, so at some point I'm sure you'll get there. Don't focus on the defeats, focus on the challenges ahead. Best wishes for the new year from NH.

Paul Armstrong said...

I assume you'll be posting your 2011 resolutions on Saturday, right? Can't wait to see what you want to accomplish in 2011.

BlogMarkBlog said...

You know me well Paul.

Mike said...

don't be too hard on yourself...those were pretty lofty goals! from the sounds of it, you accomplished a lot in Twenty Ten (errrr...Two Thousand Ten). Happy 2011.

PS: the weight thing...ugh...the holidays are SOOO hard. I put back on five of the 20 lbs i lost over the past month. Back to the gym i go!