Thursday, November 25

Thanksgiving in Florida

I cooked my first Thanksgiving dinner and i'm thankful that it turned
our pretty good. The turkey was moist and tender--the best I ever had
actually... if I do say so myself. We started with Butternut Squash
and Apple Soup. The second course was an Apple Salad with craisins,
blue cheese crumbles, toasted pecans in a spring mix of greens with
either blue cheese or pomegranate vinaigrette dressing. The main
course was a buffet of turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, glazed
carrots, cheesy corn medley and biscuts. Shane's mom made a delicious
apple pie for dessert. She also did the hors d'oeuvres, including her
yummy deviled eggs. The photo is, from left to right, Shane's
stepdad, Jerry; Shane's grandmother, Jesse (Nana); Shane's mom,
Sharon; and Shane. We ate out on our Lanai. Hope everyone's day was
as nice! Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: