Saturday, July 17

Waiting to See Idina Menzel at Wolf Trap

Shane and I are sitting on the lawn at The Wolf Trap National Park
for the Performing Arts to see stage, screen and TV star Idina Menzel
perform. She was the original Maureen in Rent and the wicked witch in
Wicked. She most recently played Lea Michaels mother on Glee. We
also have watched her in the concert version of Chess. She is going
to be joined by conductor Marvin Hamlisch. We just saw her playlist
in the program and it includes Roxanne (by Sting), two songs she
wrote, Defying Gravity and I'm Not That Girl from Wicked, No Day But
Today from Rent, and 5 other showtunes. It should be good!

6 comments:

Greg said...

Sounds like a fantastic show! Enjoy yourselves!!

Joey said...

Am extremely jealous. I love Idina, and have loved her since she was Maureen in Rent. My favorite song of her's is "Brave."

Enjoy the show!

BlogMarkBlog said...

She was awesome! The highlight was her Lady Gaga's Poker Face. Her encore was What I Did for Love from Chorus Line with Marvin Hamlisch accompanying her on piano. Lots of showtunes. A great set of songs! We loved it!

Bob said...

I.Am.So.Jealous!
I love Idina and the playlist sounds fantsatic. "I'm Not That Girl" is such a beautiful song, as is "Brave."

Unknown said...

That sounds awesome. Poker Face- love it!

SteveA said...

That sounds like fun - I miss stuff like that!