Sunday, April 4

The End of Eating No Sweets -- Praise Jeebus


I am so happy it is finally Easter. I did not eat sweets for Lent. It was not a religious thing, I just wanted to basically see if I could actually give up sweets. I ate no candy, donuts, ice cream, soda, or anything that could be considered a sweet. I missed them terribly. I lost about 5 pounds, in the 46 days of Lent, but I am very happy it is over.

I woke up this morning at about 1:30 because I had to go to the bathroom, but after checking the time, I ate my first piece of chocolate I had in weeks, which I had placed on my nightstand. Upon returning to bed, I also devoured a handful of jelly beans. I fell asleep again with a slight sugar buzz.

Today, I have been eating quite a bit of candy and junk... Donut holes, Twizzlers, chocolate bunnies, soda, cake, etc. I'm a little nauseous at the moment. Where's the ice cream?

4 comments:

gbinwpb said...

Hey Man...congrats on the accomplishment...I did the same thing and failed miserably! There is always next year!

Raybeard said...

Well done! You must have had a perceptible 'high' after that first bite of choc. You won't go and throw it all away on a gross pig-out, will you?

SteveA said...

Luckily - i don't crave sweets - I think that's a blessing for me - although of recent I find myself having to much desserts.

Greg said...

Such will power.... Nice job staying away from the sweets, but don't go hog wild and devour an entire See's Candy store now that Lent's over.