Thursday, January 7

Cooking with a Little Class


Chef Mark whisks together a vinaigrette. 

Shane and I took a cooking class tonight.  It was a beginners' course that had us cook and eat an entire meal in 3 hours.  It was at "CulinAerie" in Washington DC, near Shane's office.  We made a salad of mixed greens with a Balsamic-Dijon Vinaigrette, Butternut Squash and Apple Puree (soup), Seared Chicken with Mushroom Tarragon Sauce, and Rice Pilaf. 

The highlight of the class was the soup.  I did not think it would be something I liked, but it was really good. Overall, the class was fun, but I thought it was a bit pricey ($85 per person), but they did serve wine throughout the evening.  School sure has changed since I went back in the day. 


Seared Chicken with Mushroom Tarragon Sauce
and Rice Pilaf



The chicken wasn't that great,
but not as bad as I let on here.

3 comments:

Stephen said...

Brave! I don't cook at all. when it is "my turn to cook" it means Thai take out or pizza.
What a sweet & fun thing to do together!

Jon said...

I thought the chicken was good.

Mark in DE said...

That does sound pricey considering you cooked it yourself. Seems like a fun couples activity though.