Monday, August 17

Good Stuff Eatery--Suicide by Burger+Fries

Good Stuff Eatery is on Pennsylvania Ave. near our house in DC. I was walking home by it right after I got the news that we lost the house in Florida on which we made an offer (see below). Anyway, what better way to cheer yourself up than gorging on a burger with fries?

They had lines out the door this past winter, but I had not eaten there until today. It was busy, but no long lines now. I'm not a big fan of the Food Network, but apparently Chef Spike Mendelsohn won the South Beach Wine & Food Festival Burger Bash (which was on the Food Network in February). Spike took home three top prizes -- People's Choice, Judges Award and the Best Dressed Burger -- with his Colletti Smokehouse Burger.

I had the basic Farmhouse burger with cheese and fries. The burger was very good, but the fries were soggy with grease. It's a bit more than McDonald's, ($9 for the meal), but I'd go back for the burger. I will also go back for a milkshake, which I saw others enjoying.

I hadn't had a hamburger in a long time. I was not eating meat for several month, until I decided I wasn't getting enough protein for running. Not being used to so much greasy food, my stomach is a little churney, but I think I'll be OK.

Interestingly, I have a heart screening tomorrow morning. I will have a blood test for cholesterol and other heart-related stuff... probably not the best night to eat this meal, huh?

2 comments:

Mark in DE said...

Reading this is making my mouth water for a good cheeseburger!

Wonder Man said...

But it looks good