Thursday, August 6

Beach Drag

On Sunday, we went to Rehoboth Beach to see Eyecons, a drag show by Christopher Peterson. He is an amazing performer. He may be most famous for being one of the Lucys in the movie Rat Race. In the show, he performed as Lucy, Marilyn Monroe, Cher, Judy Garland, Liza, Eartha Kitt, and many others. This is not a lip synch show. He is doing their voice and look. He changes costume on the stage before your eyes. If you ever have the chance to see him perform, I would recommend it. He is very good.

The original plan was for Shane, my Mom, sister, and myself to see the show. But, because Shane had to go back to work early, he had to miss it. It ended up being my sister and two of my nieces and me. In the end, my Mom elected to stay home. I offered to get more tickets so we all could go, but the one niece didn't want to go and my Mom didn't want her to stay home alone. We were having bad storms and a tornado warning. Fun times!

2 comments:

Buzz Stephens said...

Speaking of Judy Garland, please take a moment and visit The Judy Garland Experience on Yahoo.
The Judy Garland Experience is the world's largest, and most exciting, Judy Garland group.
The group features an ever changing plethora of rare music files, thousands of candid, intimate, and never before published photos, polls, games with Judy prizes, and more!
The membership features Garland family members, people who knew and worked with Judy, author's, historian's, celebrities, and fan's from all levels. The only one missing is you.
This week in the audio section of the group we are featuring Judy's "lost" studio album, her salute to Jerome Kern, a vintage radio program about the Carnegie Hall album, Judy with Arthur Treacher, Judy's appearance on Tune Up Time, Lorna Luft in concert at Carnegie Hall, an unreleased Nina Simone concert from the 70's, and much, much more!
Please stop by and check the group out, I promise you will never want to leave!
Here is the link:
http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/thejudygarlandexperience/

Mark in DE said...

I've not seen his show this season, but have seen it several other times. I admire his ability to change his voice to sound a lot like the divas he impersonates.