Thursday, July 16

Work Happy Hour Surprises

Notice the blue string near my collar.

We had a work happy hour last night and we surprised my boss, who had recently turned 50. This is her and I as she is performing my mid-year review.

For the Happy Hour, we had to come up with a "fun fact" about ourselves, which people at the Happy Hour had to then guess who's fact was who's. Mine was that I once buried a man as his young son watched. Nobody guessed it was mine. There were some very interesting facts revealed. Someone in my office had been in a Lil Kim video, and someone had dinner with Michelle Pfeiffer. They both sound a lot more fun than burying a man.

As I arrived at Eastern Market subway station on my way home, I looked down and noticed my work badge was not on my person. I wear it on a blue string around my neck. I don't remember taking it off, but I remember seeing it in my pocket at the Happy Hour and it is clearly around my neck in the photo above. I got off the train and got on another going in the opposite direction. I went back to the restaurant and checked at the Metro station from where I left, but nobody had seen it. I went over to my office and reported the badge was missing to the guards, so it couldn't be used to access the building. By the time I got home, I was in a very bad mood, hot and sweaty, had a splitting headache, and was very unhappy. Happy Hour Fail.

Today, somebody named Andy called me on my cell phone and told me he found my badge on the Metro train. I must have accidentally taken it off when I removed my backpack from over my head when I sat down on the train. Andy sounded very nice and offered to mail it back to me. I thanked him and accepted the offer, but I'll still have to get a new badge because that one will have been deactivated. I'm off work today, because I have to go to a meeting tomorrow, which is my regular day off. Now I have to go in early enough to have a new badge made. I have no idea how long that will take.

1 comment:

Mark in DE said...

Good thinking to have the guards deactivate the lost badge right away! Too bad the 'happy' hour was short-lived.